"Old Absinthe House "signed Watercolor
Anthony Shemroske (1921 - 2004)
The Old Absinthe House Constructed by Pedro Front and Francisco Juncadella in 1807, the site was purchased from Dame Marie Car on March 23, 1806. The ground floor originally served as a grocery market, while the top floor was a private residence. The building remains very much today as it appeared in 1807. Various shutters have come and gone, but the original openings and balcony elements are still standing strong. The building Still open to the pubic today is a great example of a simple design that is also practical and appealing.
*This is taken from an article published in the New Orleans Times Picayune newspaper on Sunday, May 11, 2008
Framed in Gilt Later Frame
17.5" H x 21.5"W